Monday, May 23, 2011

CHINA: Some Things I Love and Some Things I Don't Love as Much

At the Beijing airport during my BIG trip through Asia with my dad. At this point I was ending my one year teaching adventure in China.My suitcase is the red one. Naturally it was the very last piece of luggage off the plane and of course it would happen to get stuck on the belt while the carrousel was still going. I, of course, was so tired and irritated(anyone who has done any amount of traveling within China will understand my irritation) that all I wanted was to get the heck out. Apparently China had another plan for me. After hunting down someone to get my luggage off the belt I still had to find my dad...that was another adventure in and of itself.
Christine and I getting ready to leave China. Me, FOREVER! Her , to see her husband!!! I think you can see how sad we were to leave. We just didn't want to go (sarcasm)! Although I have my days where I really miss China.

TRAIN STATION: This is one of my favorite things to do in China! I love going to the train station and standing in line...uhh...wait lines don't really exist in China. What I mean to say is I love going to the train Station and playing block out the Chinese with my elbows. It was a super fun game I played at least once a month. 

I will admit China has some of the best 3D glasses . (Please excuse my funky looking eye, it looks like I have mad eye) 

Buddah: Is this not the most adorable Korean kid you have ever seen.  I looked forward to seeing him at church whenever we went. He is going to be a little heart breaker when he gets older. LOVE THIS KID!

I miss just walking down the street and finding Mr. Fix It. If my shoes broke all I had to do was walk a block or so in one direction and I would find some Fix it dude just waiting for work. I was always happy to provide work. Although some guys were way sketchier then others. 
Grandma and BABY: I have mixed emotions on grandmas and their grandchildren in China. Oh sure you are saying how cute, how precious but watch out for them in confined spaces, like trains! I 'm not sure how many of you know this but most kids in China don't wear diapers. True story!! So basically they just do their business wherever they happen to be. One time I was in a grocery store and I was walking through the dairy section. Well in China a lot of the milk comes in these plastic bags. As I was walking through the milk section I saw out of the corner of my eye this arch shaped liquid coming from somewhere. As I did a double take I noticed that it was not coming from the milk bag as I previously suspected but it was coming from a child peeing on the floor in the milk section at the grocery store being held up by none other than a smiling grandma. EWWW!!! It was so gross. Second story: I was on a jam packed train with some friends. I was sitting by the window, Kayte was in the middle and Christine was on the isle. Well, sitting directly across from Christine was a grandma with her grandson and across the isle was a mom and her son. How do we know they were boys? Well, the goods were hanging out because...they don't wear the diapers. So this little baby sitting across from Christine had to pee like every 30 minutes. So since he doesn't wear a diaper where does he do his business? In a water bottle grandma carries with her of course. Well the baby wanted to stand up mi way through the train ride so grandma lets him. Soon thereafter Christine looks down to little baby peeing on her $200 UGS. Hahahahah It was a really funny experience...at least it was for me. Poor Christine was scandalized. I do miss experiencing good stories like this. 

This is my favorite Chinglish sign in Wei Fang. I would ask some to translate  but it looks as though that was already done. 

This is some fun art at the art place we went to . I came home with so much art I had no idea what to do.

This was the art lady and her husband. They were two of the sweetest people. I really like them! Good people! 

I miss watching old men playing cards and chilling with their little singing birds in random places like this.

Shuttlecock: I'm not sure if i spelled that right but thats how it sounds. I miss watching Old ladies play this.  It's like a form of hacky sack and let me tell you the old women were incredible. 

I would say more than half of my pictures were taken by myself in this format. I know, I know I have mad skill what can I say. 

Watching couples dance in random public spaces. Anytime I needed some form of cheap entertainment all I had to do was walk outside. This couple happened to be Amazing!

This me and my homeboy MAO! We hung out a lot while I was in China =0)

Generally I find men in Uniform HOT, but these dudes...just didn't do it for me!

YUM!!!!!! There are certain foods I miss.....

....and others I can do without!

Our electricity going out really wasn't that uncommon. There was this particular night where our electricity went out lucky for me I bought a flashlight a few days prior that happened to have this blue purple light along with it. It made everything look a little creepy...including Kayte.


All my hard earned money!!! That was a little over two thousand american dollars in Yuan...and as soon as I took this picture it was gone...That's what i get for traveling!

This happened to be in Kayte's slipper one night apparently it was there for a good 30 minutes before she noticed it. Sick! I'm just glad it was her slipper and not mine. After that, I made sure to thoroughly check my shoes anytime I put them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment